Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Living up to a title

Honestly I haven't knit many pants since I've started knitting so I thought I needed to start living up to the name of my blog. Here are the starburst longies. I love how these turned out. My sister helped me dye some fisherman's wool when I was up for deer season. 
We used the stove-top dye method for this skein and used orange, lemonade & black cherry flavored kool-aids. I love how this yarn came out, gorgeous, I just have to learn how to keep the vibrancy throughout the entire skein, you can see the fading into the legs.
I was worried about the yarn being too thin & too scratchy for longies but it knit up like other worsted I've used and they softened up after washing. The pattern was pretty easy to follow even though I had been intimidated when first looking through it. I thought the leg split would be a lot of trouble but it actually worked very well and turned out lovely. I had some issues with some increases, I followed the instructions to make them "invisible" but there are very noticeable holes. They don't affect the function of the longies but you just look at them and wonder why there are 3 little holes on each side of the thighs. I did the 2T sizing but probably could have gone down a size, they seem saggy in the crotch and long in the leg right now. I just cuff the leg and she can grow into them, just love making things for children!

No comments:

Post a Comment