Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What a HOOT!

But in all seriousness owls!!! 
I love them. I love a lot of animals, but owls are high up on my list of favorites. And then throw them on a newborn and the awww factor never ends. I knit up this owl newborn hat for my SIL who is due to have a babe in 4 days. 


The pattern wasn't difficult, just some cables. Turns out adorable. The yarn wasn't my cup of tea. A little rough to work with but feels soft enough for a babe after knit. 


Then there is this sleep sack that I am head over heels in love for. I think it's the yarn & the owls. I dyed the yarn purple to be gender neutral but to get a pretty purple I had to dye pink  + blue so there are little variants in the color everywhere and I adore it. Can't wait to put a babe into it...only 2 more months eeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment