Saturday, September 25, 2010

Farmers Market anyone?

Today started out slow with us running late for the harvest fest. I was so excited I've been looking forward to this thing for weeks. A free pumpkin, fun food stands & games and even a petting zoo! I had been telling our little girl all about the animals we'd get to see. And then we get there.

  
Flooding everywhere. At least they rescheduled. But now I get to look forward to it for  2 more weeks. *sigh*

So we headed down to the farmers market and drooled a little looking at all the produce for awhile and found some awesome homemade salsa and jams. Hubby got some rhubarb & blueberry jam. His two favorite flavors in one, that lady is a genius. I just love homemade!

MMMM Sometime this week my aunt and I should be making some marinara sauce (about 20-30 jars!) it will be a blast and super delicious.

Then there was the mall. Now one of my pet peeves is parents who drop kids in a play area and turn their backs. It's on the rules before you walk in, DON'T CLIMB ONTO OF THE PLAY AREA. 
The tunnel in question

So I'm trying to pull my daughter out of a tunnel because some lady isn't watching her kids play jump from on top of one thing to the other and her daughter comes flying off the tunnel onto my head.  I get knocked down and almost out, a couple sitting on the bench nearby helped me get seated. My vision had dropped out and my head was in some limbo of lightheadedness and throbbing pain. The girl sobbed a little and ran to her mom, but she landed on top of me so I don't think she was hurt that bad. Neither of them said a word to me. 5 adults with their group and not one of them could tell her and her brother to get down? It's not safe, there are toddlers around? It's against the rules? I'm just glad I was in the way or my daughter would have taken the force of the blow and then I would have really been peeved. Now I could tell the girl to get down myself, then I might have a parent jumping down my throat about telling them how to parent their child...I just think these type of things are lose-lose. 

Sorry, there is my rant for today, but again on the good side...Homemade salsa & jam mmm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment