Monday, September 27, 2010

Presenting Zucchini Soup

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law (but I don't know where she got it), it is one of my husbands favorites. I refuse to cook it for him because I dislike zucchini and although he has bought and wasted many a zucchini he has never stepped foot into the kitchen to make it for himself. So today I surprised him!

Zucchini Soup

1 lb. Italian sausage (I use hot)
2 c. celery
1 c. onion
2 green peppers
2 cans diced garlic tomatoes (large cans)
1 tbs. oregano flakes
1 tbs. Italian seasoning
1 tbs. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. garlic powder
2 lb. zucchini sliced and chunked

Cut sausage into chunks and brown well. Drain off fat. Add celery & onion and cook for 5-10 minutes until onion is getting clear. Add tomatoes, green pepper & spices. Simmer 20 minutes covered. Add zucchinis and cook another 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. 

I do like the broth and I love hot Italian sausage but the chunky veggies isn't my thing. Nothing like a good soup on a cool fall day, and today was a beautiful fall day. I took our daughter to the park and we walked through some gorgeous woods. 



It was a lovely day. I was supposed to get to The Black Purl but didn't make it there, maybe tomorrow. I need to get some new yarn & needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment