Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Learning Mistakes

So this hat has been frogged 4 times now. I'm getting frustrated and all the pretty little pink and white threads are falling out the more I mess with this project. Gorgeous yarn and I feel like I'm ruining it!! Not enough yarn for some patterns, and then just this last time the directions could have been a little clearer. A part in parentheses was a bit too important to be put after the fact in parentheses and resulted in my hat being about 10 rounds too short. 

So I'm going back to the first pattern I had tried and not had enough yarn for, but doing the ribbed folded up brim in the natural trim. Goodness I just want to try something else now, I'm tired of breaking out the double points it feels so wrong. The way it hurts my hands I must be doing something incorrect. 
my husband just keeps encouraging me and trying to quell my frustrations, it's learning mistakes, it's practice. Yes but it's still disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment